What you get from treatment with Joy Rendell
When you come to a session with Joy Rendell you get:
- a listening ear
- compassionate respectful attitude
- I allow you to express yourself and clarify what you are asking using pointed questions to help you develop and guide your thoughts
What will happen when you call Joy Rendell?:
- A free 20 mins discussion to identify if the services I have to offer are of use to you.
- An agreed in depth interview by phone or skype to identify your hopes and aims and for me to gather information to prepare your treatment activities.
- You will be required to complete a self assessment form which I will send to you.
- You may be asked to send photographs relevant to your situation.
- Face to face meeting to assess anything that cannot be done over the ‘phone.
- You will be given an outline of activities for a set number of sessions. (12 weeks is the maximum)
- Treatment sessions will begin at agreed time and place.
Treatment approach of Joy Rendell:
- use non-invasive pain management techniques to free up your inner resources.
- relaxation; mindfulness; desensitisation; posture and seating;
- use Graded Motor Imagery – Right left Discrimination; Visualising moving and Mirror work as described by NOIGroup.com
- use emotional freedom technique to clear the emotional baggage freeing you up to being lighter and more effective in what you want to be.
- review your timetable to optimise you skills through the day
- some tasks need focussed thinking and others need more physical strength. Creating a routine that allows you to utilise your natural rhythms and our health condition to optimal effect.
- do graded activity to help you develop skills to achieve a specific task you desire to do
- using activity analysis I break down the activity that you want to achieve and practise little bits at a time and then build them all up together.
- explore resources, gadgets, that will enable you to do what you want more comfortable and effectively.
- non-slip tape on the bottom of the bath; one handed game consoles; locate organisations that have knowledge of your condition and offer support; Clarify parameters when looking for new furniture or equipment – what is essential for your health condition and which features are preference and style.